Welcome to the Future!
It’s hard to believe that it’s 2015. Seems only yesterday the world was preparing for 2000 sure that all the computers would crash, the banking system would falter, and our world, as we knew it, would end because of the 2000 bug.
Yeah. Didn’t happen!
I’m amazed at how much my life has changed in the 15 years since. I’m a published author. Something that wasn’t even on my radar! Hubby and I were both still working 8-5 jobs, slugging away trying to get to retirement.
Now, he’s retired. I’m a full time writer. We live in places we never thought we would back then.
That’s the fun part of life…you just never know what it’ll hold. Right? There’s an old saying…Man Plans. God Laughs. I love that.
Or as John Lennon said…Life is what happens while you’re busy making plans.
So, I don’t make resolutions for New Years.
But I think GOALS are important and different. Goals are targets you reach for. So yeah, I’ll have some GOALS for next year…
- I’d like to get up to riding a minimum of 5 miles a minimum of 3 days a week.
- I like to write a minimum of 1500 words a day 5 days/week. I’d like to take weekends off.
- I like to continue improving my embroidery skills.
- I like to read a minimum of a book per week. (yeah, that’s one I KNOW I’ll meet!)
- I’d like to lose 20 pounds.
So that’s what I’m shooting for this year. What about you?