Launching A Star
I’m helping with the Launching A Star contest. I can recommend it highly. I’m doing the initial log in of entries and I have to say…I’m not busy enough! So get those entries in. Here’s the 4-1-1
***Permission to forward granted***
The 2013 Launching A Star contest is accepting entries until September 15! That means you have just about 10 more days to get your entry into the (world’s greatest) contest–and this year, there’s a cash prize for the grand finalist! And that’s in addition to the agents and editors your entry could be in front of! You won’t want to miss your chance to enter this terrific contest where acquiring editors and agents have requested top manuscripts, resulting in sales.
To enter, submit the first chapter (15 page max) of your unpublished romance in any of our eight categories. All first round judges (2 per entry) will provide constructive comments on every entry. Two industry professionals (one agent and one editor) will judge each category in the final round. Complete details are available on the STAR Chapter website: www.authorsofromance.com
2013 Launching A Star Contest
Sponsor: SpacecoasT Authors of Romance – (Florida STAR)
Deadline: Sept. 15, 2013
Eligibility: open to unpublished authors and authors not published in the last 5 years
Entry: all electronic submissions, 15 pages maximum (story opening)
Categories: Fantasy/Futuristic, General Paranormal, Historical, Inspirational,
Romantic Suspense, Series Contemporary, Single Title, Young Adult
Judges: trained, published and unpublished.
Final judges: an editor and agent.
Prize: The overall contest winner will receive a cash prize $250 (USD). The
winner of each category will receive an engraved STAR paperweight.
FMI, visit http://www.authorsofromance.com or email Lorena Streeter at
LASContest4more@gmail.com for questions not answered from website FAQ
Final round judges: One editor and one agent for each category
- Single Title (including WF) Editor Gwen Hayes, Entangled Publishing; Agent Jill Marsal, Marsal Lyon Literary Agency
- General Paranormal Editor Angela James, Carina Press; Agent Beth Campell, Bookends
- Futuristic / Fantasy Editor Rhonda Helms, Carina Press; Agent Deidre Knight, Knight Agency
- Historical Editor Emilia Pisani, Simon & Schuster; Agent TBA
- Series Contemporary Editor Laura Barth, Harlequin American/Harlequin Blaze; Agent Jessica Alvarez, Bookends
- Romantic Suspense Editor Lizzie Poteet, St. Martin’s Press; Agent Beth Miller, Writers House
- Inspirational Editor Raela Schoenherr, Bethany House; Agent Nicole Resciniti, The Seymour Agency
- Young Adult Editor Kristin Daly Rens, Harper Collins; Agent Elaine Spencer, Knight Agency