You Know It’s Hot When…
You know it’s hot when you…
1. Sit in a dim house all day because even a 20 watt light bulb adds too much heat to the room.
2. Get up at 4 a.m. to do the laundry because your a/c repair man husband says that the dryer will pull too much hot air into the hour during the day
3. Won’t walk barefoot on the back deck because the soles of your feet will blister. On the other hand, I might be ready for the “walk on a bed of hot coals” contest
4. Have to let the dogs out and in a million times a day because once they go outside they realize it’s too hot to stay so they come right back
5. Have to move your hidden cookie stash into the house (from garage food cabinet) because the chocolate stripping is melting
6. Just give up on the tomato plants and let them die when you can’t water them enough.
7. Eat lots and lots of salads and cold cereal for dinner because you don’t want to heat up the kitchen with the stove or oven
8. Realize you keep turning down the temperature of your shower water until your lips turn blue
9. Laugh when your husband asks if you want to take the boat for a joy ride. Joy ride? Sweat ride would be more like it.
10. Have to wear a bra so your boobs don’t touch your abdomen. (That might just be me and my big ’ems)
So how do you know it’s hot at your house???